Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Sea Purple

(Isabella Regonese & Valeria Solarino)

Sara & Angela

Yesterday my friend and I went to Video Ezy and we rented 4 movies. We choose the movies that we think we can’t see in Malaysia. I choose The Sea Purple movie because I am curious to watch after reading the synopsis at the back of the DVD. I can rent the movie only for one day only because it is a new release. Last night I watched the movie and I find it’s a beautiful and a good movie. But sadly as usual gay theme movie always end up sad ending.


Based on a true story and adapted from Giacomo Pilati’s novel, the film tells the 19th Century story of Angela, a tomboy living by the water in Sicily. After falling in love with her best friend Sara, her father forces her to marry one of his employees. After being locked away for her actions, it is up to Angela and her mother to develop a plan of acceptance (Bryce J. Renninger 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment