Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My point of view...

It’s been more than a month I have been in Australia. I really enjoy studying and staying in Australia. I can learn so many things in Australia. But there is one thing that I’m a bit disappointed that I can’t manage to make any local Australian friends. I admit that I’m not outstanding or outspoken people but I would love to make friends with them. Sometimes I feel like they are not welcoming an international student. So far I manage to make friends with other international students from Asian and European country.


The problem is maybe the language barrier and English is my second language. Every time I speak to local people they sort of doesn’t understand what I was talking about. I feel a bit offended because of my accent they can’t understand me. I’m use to American accent but my English pronunciation is a mixed of American and UK English.

I will be staying here for 1.5 year and looking forward to make friends with local people before I’m back for good to Malaysia.

Please click the link to read:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/polls/popup/-/poll_id/60244

No comments:

Post a Comment